Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

What would be the best way for me to seek advice concerning

Good afternoon. What would be the best way for me to seek advice concerning my tenancy? It is rather involved...
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: West Sussex UK
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: This is where it becomes complicated. Essentially I have been here 20 years and asked to be evicted due to many reasons. I asked because landlord has to give 4 months notice, giving me more time. I want to discuss my rights with regard to having work carried out myself, paying for it. It is being stalled by agent/landlord, for fair reasons but I just want to go forward. Sorry, not the best explanation.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Only that I know I am at fault in certain areas. This is due mainly to longterm illness.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I really have to go now. I appreciate you are busy. Maybe we can reschedule or I'll come back Monday. I am aware of pending charges so cannot be too long. Thank you for now. Caroline.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

If a phone call is not required then please ignore phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Hi there,

If the improvement in the rented accommodation is not made with a prior agreement with the Landlord regarding their cost , then you would not be able to claim the expenses you have incurred on the improvement from the Landlord.

However, as you have paid for these improvements, you can take the fixture and fittings you have paid for , with you at the time of leaving the property.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I understand this. I am not aiming to claim back the money, it's worthwhile if I can show my willingness to make good & move on. Maybe I didn't explain very well as to what I need to discuss. I tried to call Horsham this morning, they put me in touch with this chat service. I really think it would be easier to have a conversation proper. Thank you anyway.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I am not available to talk right now, sorry.

Hi there,

Please ignore phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

It is Just Answer platform and it is an information sharing platform in a Q/A format, not a substitution to full legal services.

For full representation/consultation , you can find a solicitor using the Law Society find a solicitor search option here: https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.