How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 9469
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

Can you advise on how to object my neighbour's side

This answer was rated:

Can you advise on how to object my neighbour's side extension plans? His plans show his walls are linked to my boundray walls although we both have detached properties. I objected based on the plans would change the character of my property as well as they will prohibit access to any future maintenance for my livingroom , and first floor walls, roofs and gutters in the future.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 days ago.

Thank you for your assistance. I have already submitted my objections as tomorrow is the last day. However I wonder whether croydon council have breached their own rules by not informing me formally about my next door neighbour's extension plans although they would have very negative impact on my property. I only realised after an independent surveyor contacted me on 15/08 about possible party wall agreement he could help me with after my neighbour submitted their plans on 13/08. Would writing to my mp help too?

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

Yes the council should have notified you about the intended works. You should therefore complain to the council and the local government ombudsman:

They can look into it and award compensation. I trust this assists

Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 9469
Experience: Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Jeremy Aldermartin and 3 other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you