Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Can you advise on how to object my neighbour's side

Can you advise on how to object my neighbour's side extension plans? His plans show his walls are linked to my boundray walls although we both have detached properties. I objected based on the plans would change the character of my property as well as they will prohibit access to any future maintenance for my livingroom , and first floor walls, roofs and gutters in the future.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.

Thank you for your assistance. I have already submitted my objections as tomorrow is the last day. However I wonder whether croydon council have breached their own rules by not informing me formally about my next door neighbour's extension plans although they would have very negative impact on my property. I only realised after an independent surveyor contacted me on 15/08 about possible party wall agreement he could help me with after my neighbour submitted their plans on 13/08. Would writing to my mp help too?

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

Yes the council should have notified you about the intended works. You should therefore complain to the council and the local government ombudsman: https://www.lgo.org.uk/

They can look into it and award compensation. I trust this assists

Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience: Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney