RJM Law
RJM Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
106205234

Ellen. I am a tenant in London, the issue is that after I

Customer Question

hi ***** am a tenant in London, the issue is that after I moved there was a fire in our building, and now there are construction started to change cladding in balconies. which means I will not have access to the balcony and day light will be interrupted with cover company denies to let me move out before the end of tenancy agreement
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: New Providence Wharf, Isle of Dogs, E14, Tower of Hamlets Council
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: E14 9PJ
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I dont know what else you might need but overall tenancy agreement ends 31st of December I would like to move our end of October
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 6 days ago.

Expert:  RJM Law replied 6 days ago.

Welcome and thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.   I appreciate this matter is important to you and I shall try to resolve it as precisely and quickly as possible for you today.

Please note; there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website all work on a third party basis and are not online full time however, I shall endeavour to respond to your question as soon as possible.  I look forward to assisting you in this matter.

Expert:  RJM Law replied 6 days ago.

Thank you for the question.  The first thing to do is check your tenancy agreement there could possibly be a termination clause in there which will allow you to give a few weeks notice in order to terminate the lease.   Although it doesn't sound the case,  if you can come to an agreement with the landlord, then you can move out early.  Otherwise, a tenancy is a legally enforceable contract and if you were to break the terms of the contract the landlord could take you to court for the monies they have lost in relation to the lease.   However, you could also ask if they will provide a rent reduction due to the inconvenience, they are required consider this,  if they are not willing to do anything you could look at raising a complaint with the housing ombudsman.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.