How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 3446
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

I rented an apartment with an enclosed created car park,

Customer Question

Hi, I rented an apartment with an enclosed created car park, when I first moved in I noticed the agent that I had two cars. He advised me that I can park anywhere in the car park.I travelled to Greece for the summer and when I returned there were a new company hired to take over the car park, they issues one permit per car.At this point I contacted the agent directly because I wasn't informed about the changes in the car park and i was in a potion now where they allocated one spot per person and I have two cars.This company then started arriving at the property around 2am and putting tickets on my car. I contacted the agency again and told them I live in the enclosure and I am getting parking tickets. They advised that one free parking permit was given to all residents and any other cars will have to park on the street. I notified them that I hadn't recieved a permit, could they please send me one. They informed me that they would charge me for this, which I argued, if I didn't recieve one shouldn't I get a free one?They did not send me a permit, but decided to put tickets on my car every night for a couple weeks.I refused to pay the fines as I wanted to take it to court, they got a county court judgement against me. I appealed this and sent my case in, I also sent dates I was travelling.Unfortunately, they arranged the court date while I was travelling in Australia and I was not in the country. I tried to email them to re-arrange the date but they told me I would have needed to give dates with my file, I explained that I had and sent a follow up email. No one got back to me.Next thing I get is mulitple CCJ's on my file and my judgement N244 rejected.Can someone please advise the best way to take this back to court and fight my case ?
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  RJM Law replied 10 days ago.

Welcome and thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.   I appreciate this matter is important to you and I shall try to resolve it as precisely and quickly as possible for you today.

Please note; there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website all work on a third party basis and are not online full time however, I shall endeavour to respond to your question as soon as possible.  I look forward to assisting you in this matter.

Thank you.

Expert:  RJM Law replied 10 days ago.

Thank you for the question.  I am sorry to hear about this matter.  You will require to contest the CCJ in this instance and provide evidence that you informed the court you would not be in the county and therefore it was unfair for you to not be able to provide evidence for the hearing.  Hopefully, if you can provide the sufficient evidence then you may be able to have the CCJ set aside.  I would advise instructing a solicitor to obtain this on your behalf.

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area.  This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows; (England) (Scotland) (Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.