MarcInLaw
MarcInLaw,
Experience:  Expert
110941711

I wonder if you can. I'm at my wit's end. I was due to

I wonder if you can. I'm at my wit's end.
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I was due to vacate my property yesterday and move into our new house which is lying empty.
JA: Where is the house located?
Customer: Neilston Glasgow
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yes I was told everything was in order and the removal firm loaded up and took our belongings to the new house. We had to bring get the removal firm to bring a mattress back. Apparently our buyer has an issue regarding his deposit - money laundering - he was told this on the day before moving but we weren't.

Hello, this isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online.

You will have a chance to request a call. You will see an automatic prompt. Please feel free to request it but do not feel obliged to do so.

Please do note that my response is not instantaneous but I will always aim to get back to you on the same day with my answer, or request more information, if appropriate. Lastly, please note that our discussions on this site is for general information purposes only and do not replace any legal advice you might need, and does not create a lawyer-client relationship.

Thank you for your patience whilst waiting for my answer.

I am sorry to hear about this. Is the buyer going through the usual money laundering checks?

Can you please explain a bit further?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
apparently a few cash transactions were highlighted 3 weeks ago but he said that his explanation was accepted. The building society has released funds.

Ok, then what is the issue here please?

I can see you have requested a call. Please let me kmnow when is best to call.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi never received call yet.

I note the call was not completed therefore if you were charged please make sure you contact customer service to obtain a refund.

I can try one more time?

I will try again.

We can continue to chat here as there seems to be a systrem problem.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi thanks phone system not working

I am sorry about this!!

You should not be charged for the call.