RJM Law
RJM Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
106205234

Daniel Land Registry wrote back to me and said that because

Customer Question

Hi Daniel
Land Registry wrote back to me and said that because the original lease did not contain the demise to Flat 14, the matter would have to be taken up with the landlord and request a variation of lease.
Our relationship with the landlord (as is all flats) is not good.
What could the landlord do here please once we bring this to their attention? For example, could they be very petty and alter and extend the communal terrace?
Jennifer Guy
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 12 days ago.

Expert:  RJM Law replied 11 days ago.

Welcome and thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.   I appreciate this matter is important to you and I shall try to resolve it as precisely and quickly as possible for you today.

Please note; there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website all work on a third party basis and are not online full time however, I shall endeavour to respond to your question as soon as possible.  I look forward to assisting you in this matter.

Expert:  RJM Law replied 10 days ago.

Obviously, I can not comment on what the landlord will do but you could take legal action to prevent anything unreasonable.  I would look at drafting the variation of the lease and having a lawyer send it to the landlord simply for their approval then you can register it with the registry.  If you cannot agree to this, you could look at taking the matter to court an d the court can look at this matter, if they deem it reasonable, you can have them approve this change without the landlord's consent.

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area.  This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/ (England)

https://www.lawscot.org.uk/find-a-solicitor/ (Scotland)

https://www.lawsociety.ie/Find-a-Solicitor/Solicitor-Firm-Search/ (Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.