MatthewM1117
MatthewM1117,
Experience:  Expert
110754241

Can leasehold sale flat and new owner start repair without

Customer Question

Hi, can leasehold sale flat and new owner start repair without Freeholder agreement
JA: Have they talked to a lawyer about this? What country do they live in? If different, what country does this legal question relate to?
Customer: Uk, not sure they talked with lawyer or not
JA: What steps have they taken so far?
Customer: Started repair
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
what is notice fee?
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 11 days ago.

Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 10 days ago.

Good afternoon, thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Can you provide me some further background information so that I can best advsie you?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Good afternoon, just want to find out, if I am freeholder and my neighbour upstairs leasehold, can he sale his flat without our permission? Can new owner start repair in there?

Your upstairs neigbour can sell their property without your permission, and it would be up to the neighbour to grant permission to allow works to be undertaken by the new owners.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok, what is notice fee?

A notice fee, is a fee paid by the new property owner to notify the landlord/freeholder that they are the new owners.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
How much it is? how I can find out this? Also what about ground rent payments, as I know there was peppercorn dial for it, but we never-ever received any payment from him, did we need to ask him about it? or its his responsibility just pay it, also I would like to ask about building insurance, as we paying building insurance, did he must pay some part of it as well?

The fee varies by each landlord/management company. In relation to the buildings insurance this would be dependent on the terms of the lease.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I flat is sold to an other person, what with terms of lease its still the same or leasehold can change anything?

Yes the terms of the lease would remain the same, unless there was a deed of variation entered into.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
How I can find out more information about term of lease, who can have a look and explain to me what is my rights?

I can review the terms of the lease if you would like however, as this is a premium service I would be required to generate a quote for the works. Once generated you can either accept or reject the quote.

Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 9 days ago.

Can you confirm whether you would like to accept or reject the offer?

I presume you do not wish to accept the offer. Hopefully I have answered your question above and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me further.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hello, let me think about your offer please, how it will be? I will need to send paperwork to you? I just worries that I can miss something if its will be done online

Thank you, ***** ***** send across a copy of the lease and then highlight the parts you would like advise on. I have done this before on several occasions without any issues.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
you mind photo?

Photos would be fine

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I am at work at the moment till approx 23:00, can I send you tomorrow morning?

Yes that is fine.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok thank

Glad to be off assistance.