Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I am 66 years of age. I am a joint owner of a property worth

I am 66 years of age. I am a joint owner of a property worth in the region of £190,000. I am currently living in a different rented property paying £525 a month. I am retired on a pension of £1000 per month. I am able to raise £20,000 for a deposit. My question is am I able to get a mortgage using the jointly owned property as collateral until I can get the other joint owner to sell, (which he will not at the moment), which would mean I could then pay off the mortgage?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I am happy to wait until you can find someone who will answer my question please

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I will endeavour to help you today.

You may be able to get a mortgage using your share of the joint home as collateral yes. Your best option is to use a mortgage broker as they can advise you on the best deal for you. I recommend this one, they are the largest free mortgage broker: https://www.landc.co.uk/

I trust this assists

Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience: Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney