MatthewM1117
MatthewM1117,
Experience:  Expert
110754241

I live in a ground floor converted leasehold flat in a house

Customer Question

Hi, I live in a ground floor converted leasehold flat in a house with three other occupants, two leasehold, one tenant. The tenant has recently given permission for a family member to dump a broken down vehicle in her parking spot on the driveway (although she does not and never will have a car). The van has been left there for over three months, getting very dirty indeed and an eyesore in the meantime. I personally have asked the tenant politely
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Spoken to leaseholder who manages the building. I just want to establish what rights I have incomplaining to the making a complaint to the leaseholder of the flat and freeholder.
JA: Where is the leasehold located?
Customer: At the front of property
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have already entered my question.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 14 days ago.

Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 14 days ago.

Good afternoon, thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Can you attach a copy of your lease so I can review the covenants contained within the same, specifically relating to the parking space?

Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 13 days ago.

Is it possible to attach a copy of the lease or do you not have a copy of the same?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Good Morning, I do, but not to hand.

Thank you for the clarification, you would need to review the terms of the lease to see what restrictions were in place for the use of the parking space. In practice I have often come across clauses which prevent cars being abandoned in parking spaces with conditions such as all vehicles must be taxed and have an up to date MOT.

If this clause is in the lease then contact the management company/freeholders as they will likely contact the landlord of the property to inform them that their tenant is currently in breach of the terms of the lease.

Hopefully I have answered your question but if anything remains unclear please do not hesitate to contact me further.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you for your response. It was indeed helpful.

Glad to be off assistance, we wish you all the best going forwards.