How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2139
Experience:  10 years legal experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
John is online now

I applied to planning judical review court London i already

Customer Question

I applied to planning judical review court London i already send the N215 form to defendant,but 21 days over.Defendant didn't give an answer and didn't fill a acknowledgement of service.shall I apply for default judgement.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Peterborough
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I applied planning court my application form sealed and I send the copy of my bundle to defendant and I filled N215 form in 7 days and send to planning court.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yes defendant didn't answer after 21 days is there any chance default judgement for planning court.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
How long it takes to send my bundle to the judge to see by ACO (admistrative court office)because after 21 days defendant didn't answer to planning admistrative court.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 14 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I will wait please let me know as soon as possible. Thank you.
Expert:  John replied 13 days ago.

Hello, how are you? Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Please note there may be delays in responding as I am away helping other customers but I will get back to you as soon as I can.  I may also need to ask you some clarifying questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  John replied 13 days ago.

Thanks for your message, I appreciate it is important to you. If no acknowledgement of service has been filed nor a defence filed within the specified timescales, then yes you should apply for default judgement.

I hope this helps. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help.

Expert:  John replied 13 days ago.

Hello, just following up on this to ensure you're satisfied with what you need to do. Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help. All the best, John

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi John
This is mr mutlu
First of all, my case will be heard in the judicial review planning court.
My application for the planning court was seal.Then, I sent the defendant the same bundle that I sent to the planning court, filled in the N215 form and sent it to the planning court, stating that I did the certificate of service.After 21 days, the defendant (Peterborough city council) did not perform acknowledgment service.Just to be sure again, my question is, can I request a default judgement for defendant (peterborough city council) from judicial review .planning court.I have one more question for you.ADMINISTRATIVE  COURT  LISTING  POLICY (ALL  BUSINESS  EXCEPT  EXTRADITION  APPEALS 35a planning court claims says, Applications for permission to apply for judicial review or planning statutory review are to be determined within three weeks of the expiry of the time limit for filing of the acknowledgement of service.On 01/09/2021, the defendant's 21-day acknowledgment service period expired, as far as I understand, a judge has to look into my case bundle until 22/09/2021.  Do  I need to get an answer from the judge within 3 weeks about whether the admistrative planning court will be opened. Because defendant 21 day acknowledgement service time finished.If I misunderstood, could you please inform me.
I will wait to hear from you.Thank you.
Expert:  John replied 12 days ago.

Hello yes you can file a default judgement if no acknowledgement of service has been file and the judge will then create a ruling i.e. look into your case and most likely award in your favour. All the best.