Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

I moved in to rented property on Friday 10th The property is

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: My name is***** moved in to rented property on Friday 10th The property is not clean and has mould and no fridge and no washing machine and nothing of what have been agreed was done
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Stains TW19 7AF
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Tried speaking with agency as they promised all has been done but nothing was done and they were shocked they said to me we assumed the landlady did all They changed my moving time twice and all had financial implications
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Now I'm stuck no fridge no washing machine and stayed at friend house I have left Google review of the agency and attached photos https://g.co/kgs/EnuadM I told them I'm not happy and I will return the keys they said u can't but they don't want to keep their end of the contract
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
https://g.co/kgs/EnuadM please see photos in my Google review

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays.

Is this one you would like to get out of the agreement?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I'm on my way to post office to return key to agency signed fir delivery. I can't stay here no fridge no washing machine none of what was agreed

From the circumstance described it appears the letting agent conduct could be deemed a misleading action which likely influenced you to sign the tenancy agreement. Misleading action as described can be deemed an unfair trading practices, which is prohibited by the Consumer Protection (Amendment) Regulations 2014. The law states that where someone has entered into a contract as a result of a misleading action or aggressive practice, redress under this civil law may be obtained through the right to unwind the contract, a discount and/or damages. In order to claim this right, you must inform the landlord (or landlord's agent) that you want to reject the contract within 90 days of the tenancy start date. There is no obligation for this to be put in writing, but I strongly advise you to do so. Therefore please write to the Landlord/Agent reminding  of your rights under the civil law in question and you wish to exercise the right to unwind the agreement. Assuming they do not accept your position, you can file a complaint to the local council and or the independent adjudicator.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have received a reply from the estate agents saying " we disagree with your suggestion to unwind the contract and it is legally binding that I continue to pay the rent"

I suggest you consider filing a complaint with the agency independent ajudicator as they can step in to review the case with view of resolving it. The details of adjuciator can be obtained from the estate agent.