james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

No. Employment law question. It's not happened yet but will

Customer Question

No. Employment law question.
JA: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: It's not happened yet but will if NHS legislate covid vaccine mandate.im not having the vaccine, it is my human right to refuse this vaccine, with no long term trials..I have 13 years to work at high level and am single with a mortgage.
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: All
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Well so far solicitors consulted are acting in the governments interests, and refusing to act for human rights of healthcare workers; ie care homes are now mandated. This is deeply disturbing and highly worrying given that guidelines for exemptions are not even available from Gov.uk yet, and that petitioning failed for care home workers and 4000 of them stand to be dismissed from their chosen vocation.
Expert:  james bruce replied 7 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.

Inhave read your comments, how may I assist? What exactly is your question?

Expert:  james bruce replied 6 days ago.

Unfortunately, without the additional information requested in my first/previous response, I will not be able to give you detailed advice to your question, but I will be able to give you a general answer, which I hope will be of assistance. If you are able to supply the additional information later, please do so and I will then come back to you with a more detailed answer.

You are correct that you do indeed have a choice whether to accept and take the covid19 vaccine or not. That choice is yours and yours alone to make. No one is going to force you to have the vaccine. However, just like you have the freedom and choice to have the vaccine or nor, so does the government and employers to state that any employees are require to be vaccinated for the safety of other employees, staff, customers, guests etc.

If a policy is brought in place that requires a person to be vaccinated to remain in their current position for the safety of others then legally that is allowed. Again no one is forcing a person to have the vaccine.

The choice remains theirs. If however it means a person could loose their job or be required to relocate or work in a different position, that is unfortunately a risk individuals take.

Your human rights are not being breached. You have a free and open choice to take the vaccine or not. The safety and risk factors that can affect others do take priority over an individuals job, sorry but that is the way it is.

I hope this helps answer your question, I appreciate it is not what you would want to hear, but often with the law, that is the case.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.