RJM Law
RJM Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
106205234

We wish to allow an access point on our land for a refuse

Customer Question

we wish to allow an access point on our land for a refuse disposal
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: not yet, its for our neighbour
JA: Where is the land located?
Customer: in ludlow shropshire between two properties
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The first house is the end of terrace with drive access the second is end of set of semi detached with no exterior other than through the house.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 14 days ago.

Expert:  RJM Law replied 14 days ago.

Welcome and thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.   I appreciate this matter is important to you and I shall try to resolve it as precisely and quickly as possible for you today.

Please note; there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website all work on a third party basis and are not online full time however, I shall endeavour to respond to your question as soon as possible.  I look forward to assisting you in this matter.

Expert:  RJM Law replied 14 days ago.

Thank you for the question.  If this is agreed between parties you don't need to put anything in a legal context, however if. you wish to do so then you can change the title deeds to show an easement on the land providing for the refuse disposal.  This means that if you were to sell the house in the future, then neighbouring property wold continue to have a legal enforceable access to that land.  You would want to look at a conveyancing solicitor to draft the easement for you and register the same at the land registry.

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area.  This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/ (England)

https://www.lawscot.org.uk/find-a-solicitor/ (Scotland)

https://www.lawsociety.ie/Find-a-Solicitor/Solicitor-Firm-Search/ (Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.