How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stuart J Your Own Question
Stuart J
Stuart J, Property Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 24621
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Stuart J is online now

Want to give my logger not to leave, In London Waltham

This answer was rated:

Want to give my logger not to leave
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In London Waltham Forest
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I send him an email due to some he upset me
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: He lived her for 10yrs
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Just want to know what steps to take

Hello. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist your with this today.

Please bear with me and I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you. You will receive an email when I reply.

Has he only just upset you or has it been going on for awhile?

and does he have any sort of tenancy agreement?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It being going on for a while but when I speak to him it takes it as a joke
He agreed he will start to look for new accommodation
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Don't want life phone call as he is not refusing to leave
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
He also admitted to what he did was wrong

You have probably seen a pop-up offering you the chance of a telephone call at an extra cost.  It is up to you whether you have a telephone call or not but do bear in mind that a 15-30 minute telephone call covers an awful lot of ground and you can get an awful lot of information in that time.  So you can ignore it or go ahead or go ahead later.  It’s your choice.

Meanwhile, we can carry on on here.

When you say a lodger, I assume that you live in the same property.  If that’s the case, then you need to give him one month notice which does not necessarily have to be in writing but it’s better if it is.

Provided he shares some facilities, kitchen, bathroom, lounge, whatever, and his accommodation is not self-contained, then you do not need a court order to get him out and when the notice has expired, you can simply lock him out provided you give him his belongings back.

Here it is from the government website.

Thank you for letting me assist you with your legal question.  I am glad that I was able to help.

I am not certain whether that answers the question for you or not, but I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

It will be my pleasure to help you again either further with this or any future questions you have

Kind regards

Stuart J and 2 other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you