INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

We have sent a Cease and Desist letter to P Clarkson

We have sent a Cease and Desist letter to P Clarkson following advice from Just Answer UK last week and he received it today 13/9/21 via registered mail at 1249. He then gave the letter to his neighbour at*****at 1500. who has nothing to do with this issue . Is this correct or legal for him to do. The neighbour has nothing to do with the issue.

Thank you for your query.  I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

Kindly explain the situation further.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
We are happy to wait for an answer

Can you explain the scenario further

INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience: LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
We have had a lot of problems with this neighbour and in October 2019 we signed a Mediation Agreement which was suggested by the Lancashire Constabulary detailing that we should ( both parties ) not interfere or do anything antagonistic, provocative or inciting actions designed to illicit a response. Low level provocative actions were done by this individual until on 5/6/21 he racially abused me ( I was born in Wakefield Yorkshire but grew up in South Africa ) The individual does not know I was born in the UK but my accent is distinctively South African. He told me to go back to where I came from. I then reported this as a Race Crime and the Constabulary investigated. I have CCTV but no sound however the footage clearly shows him raising his arms to me and pointing with an aggressive posture. The Police said that I do not have sound so they cannot take any action. He seemed to have taken this as a licence to show rude signs and aggressive gestures and provocative actions such as mumbling that he will get me . As of now I have installed a microphone at my front door and sent a Cease and Desist letter which he received on 13/9/21. He then went to another neighbour and showed them the letter / gave them a copy ( which I have on CCTV ) which I feel is inciting persons not involved in his aggressive and abusive behaviour. The person he handed the Cease and Desist letter is an ordinary layperson with no legal background.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Good Afternoon just to confirm , my number is ***** 79 377367 , I am available now Regards

It was a pleasure speaking with you.

As suggested, I would suggest you continue monitoring the neighbour with surveillance equipment.  Once you have sufficient evidence, I would suggest that you apply for an injunction through your local county court.

Details of how to apply for an injunction can be found at the following link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n16a-application-for-injunction-general-form

I hope this answers your question. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

many thanks,