Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

The landlord ang agent have breached the contract. i need to

hi the landlord ang agent have breached the contract. i need to get out of this and terminate my leese agreement
JA: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: are you real or a robot?
JA: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the Lawyer more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. Where is the property located?
Customer: it is in nottinghill
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i have moved in a few days ago only to realize the contract has been breached

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

If a phone call is not required then please ignore phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
File attached (QTP3MML)

Hi there,

Could you please confirm if it is regarding a residential tenancy ?

Elaborate on the breach ?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
hi yes it is
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
is there any way i can arrange a call?

Could you elaborate a bit on the breach please?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
File attached (L5VT2QZ)
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
File attached (22QSLLQ)

I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

However, you can request a call, and any available expert will ring you

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
okay so i signed this contract for a new flat, i moved in on the 10th of september only to find that nothing was ready for me
i have pictures showing a stained bed mattress, a stained couch, dirty entrance, lights not working, broken door and the list goes on and on
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
they breached the points in the contract i sent you. point 14 precisely, and the contract says i can terminate the contract if any of those points were breached. i need legal advice on going through with this

Thank you for your reply. I will go through the attached agreement and will be with you shortly.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
okay thank you
are you a bot or real?

I am the real thing .

You have few remedies that you can explore-

Firstly , you can ask for compensation from your Landlord , if the house was not clean or in a habitable condition for your inconveniences .

You can get the house professionally cleaned and forward the invoice to the Landlord( though you would have to notify the Landlord beforehand and provide the Landlord with couple of price quote for the job)

You can unwind the contract ,If tenants have been misrepresented ( has been told- the house is habitable or house is secure /clean etc when it is not )then tenants can unwind the tenancy agreement within 30 days from the start of tenancy.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
oh great, i want to unwind the contract
whhat do you suggest i do next? threaten in the email or...
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
i am not sure how to act on it, but i know i want out
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
will i get reimbursed with my money and depost? because i payed 6 months in advance , i dont want to loose my money. this here is the challenge i think

Unwinding the contract means parties will be put back in the position they were before entering into the contract.

Which means that any money given by you to the Landlord would get returned back to you.

Remember , it is unwinding of the tenancy and not surrender of tenancy.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
okay. What do you suggest i do now?

Write a Letter to the Landlord by providing all evidence( pictures) of the condition of the house /and highlight the issues in the property and refer to the clause 14 as well, and notify that due to the above reasons you are looking to unwind the contract,.

You were misled to believe that house would be professionally clean and relying on that , you have entered the tenancy agreement.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
right
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
should i leave the house already or wait for their reply

No, I would suggest writing to the Landlord and notifying him, you can unwind within first 30 days of the tenancy , so you still have time.

I trust  this helps.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
thank you! i will write the email now and hope it is an easy process

You are welcome. Have a good day .

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
hi
are you here?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
what would it take for you to handle my case, or to look through it fully? the property manager replied and he is trying to get out of me unwinding the agreement. i need to close this properly, and not waste my time

Hi there,

Just Answer is an information sharing platform in a Q/A format, not a substitution to full legal services.

For full representation, you can find a solicitor using the Law Society find a solicitor search option here: https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk. You can search by town or postcode to find one near you,

Thank you. Have a nice evening.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
hi sorry if you can not help me then i expect a refund

I am not available at the moment for a phone call but other experts are free to contact you. as the call request is open to all experts. However, If you would like to cancel the call and the charge, please contact Just Answer`s Customers team , by clicking the below weblink-

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/contact-us

or via phone call - 0808(###) ###-####/em>

Please note , I am a third party professional and have no control over any payment /refunds /cancellations issues.

Kindly contact Just Answer`s Customers team , by clicking the below weblink-