How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 5443
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

Our neighbours have parked a mobile caravan on their front

This answer was rated:

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Our neighbours have parked a mobile caravan on their front lawn 1.5 metres from our boundary fence. It is an eyesore and I’m worried it may pose a fire risk. We have engaged with them but to no avail. We believe there to be a restrictive covenant on the title deeds ruling against keeping a caravan on the property. Is there anything we can do?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No.
JA: Where is the caravan located?
Customer: On the front lawn adjacent to the boundary fence.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

sorry to hear what has happened.

If the van is on their property, then there is little you can do about that. It is no more a fire risk then a car being parked there.

However, if there is indeed a restrictive covenant then that does change matters.

First you need to ensure that there is indeed a restrictive covenant on their property, there may be on yours but that does not mean there is on theirs.

If there is, write to them and advice them of the restriction. Should they ignore that, then you would need to attempt official mediation with them to stop and remove the breach.

Finally if they refuse mediation, then at that point you can the. Decide to take the matter further and go to court.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thanks very helpful.

Your welcome, Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

james bruce and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you