MatthewM1117
MatthewM1117,
Experience:  Expert
110754241

If my sale falls through due to solicitors who are working

If my sale falls through due to solicitors who are working for my buyer are not responding what steps can I take.

Good afternoon, thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Can you provide some further background information so that I can best advise you?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Are house has been sold since March this year and we agreed an completion date on the 21 Septmeber 2021. However no contracts have exchanged and this is what myself, my solicitors and buyer have been trying to get done. If my buyer pulls out now due to his solicitors not responding and when they do they have given different answers to my solicitors, the estate agents and the buyer. Do I have any come back as I need to have moved on the 21 September or it will leave me financial difficulties

Thank you for the confirmation, unfortunately as the buyers solicitors are not acting for you there is very little you can do. As there is no lawyer/client relationship between you and the buyers solicitors you cannot complain about their services etc, if the buyer was to pull out you would not be able to pursue the buyers solicitors for any losses.

The buyer could raise a complaint against their own solicitors and could subsequently complain to the legal ombudsman as there is a lawyer client relationship between the buyer and their own solicitors.

Can you confirm a suitable time to call?

Would you like to carry out a call or do you have any follow up questions?

Hopefully I have answered your question but if anything remains unclear I will be happy to answer any follow up questions.