How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Inderdeep Your Own Question
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 160
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Inderdeep is online now

My wife and I. Have payed our mortgage on our property.and

This answer was rated:

My wife and I. Have payed our mortgage on our property.and would like to sign deeds of the property to our3 children .we will be living in the property for the rest of our lives. Is it a straightforward task to do.
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Liverpool
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No the children are well aware what we want to do

Thank you for your enquiry. I will be assisting you today.

Please note:

My replies will be in writing as i am not available for telephone calls.

Any pop up requests are generated by the website.

If you accept or request a call request pop up this will be subject to further charges. In addition if i cannot accept the same it will be with whichever expert that is available.

If i am required to look advise you on the contents of a legal document this will be subject to additional costs.

If i do not respond immediately it may because i am away but will respond to your enquiry.

We are legal experts and provide general advice to your enquiries. We do not provide legal representation nor can we act on your behalf.

If you require urgent legal representation you should contact either of the;;

I will now turn to your enquiry and assist you as best i can.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok thanks

You can do a transfer (TR1) to your three children with a deed of gift. I would also advise having an agreement/tenancy/lease in respect of living there just to protect you in the event of anything happening in the future.

I would advise instructing a solicitor to assist this.

Inderdeep and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you