Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I am helping elderly neighbours with the title deeds to

I am helping elderly neighbours with the title deeds to their property as an updated site plan should have been filed by their solicitor when they purchased the property in 2018 but their solicitor omitted to do this. The property is the end one in a run of 6 small terraced house that were originally built by the local landowner and subsequently sold off. Originally each of the properties would have had an outside w/c and possibly pigsty that were located to the rear of no. 6 (my friends house). Over the years these have been demolished (with the installation of indoor bathrooms) and no-one keeps pigs there now! Properties 1 to 4 School Terrace now have no mention or claim to any 'ownership' of the old w/c or pigsties and their site plans have been updated accordingly. However, the immediate adjacent neighbour (no 5) is claiming that they own two small shed-sized parcels of land in the rear garden on no.6 and are asking £4,000 for my friends to buy these 2 shed-sized parcels of land. This is reflected in their site plan but not directly referred to in any of the land registry documents that I can find. They have become quite 'assertive' about this and friendly attempts to resolved this have not been successful. They do not access the two parcels of land, one of which had a shed on it. The matter is not helped by my friends title plans which has never been updated and shows the site of the old w/cs and pigsties. Originally the neighbour claimed that all of the land shaded out in my friends back garden was in his ownership but clearly this is not the case and is not supported by his own land registry documents. I have prepared the relevant form and updated site plan for my friends to get their land registry document updated. Can I simply show that all of the land within their boundary is in their ownership or would I be required to show the 2 small plots that are indicated on no 5's site plan, even though my view is that the site plan for no 5 is incorrect.
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I have prepared but not filed anything yet.
JA: Where is the terraced house located?
Customer: CH7 4EX in Nercwys, Flintshire
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I think that I have relayed the key info to you.

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I will endeavour to help you today.

You can simply show all the land within their boundary as within their ownership and therefore reflected on the new title plan. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Many thanks. ***** am to file a revised site plan for my friends, do I need to include the site plans for the other terraced properties which shows all site plans a 'clean' except for that if the adjoining property (no 5) or should I just submit form AP1 with the current register and plan together with the updated site plan for my friends property (no 6) that I have purchased from an approved site?

You should just submit the AP1 with the current register and plan together with the updated plan. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Do I need to justify why I want to make the changes by sending a covering letter explaining why the plan needs updating, as I am presuming that something will be required even though not specified in AP1.

No you do not need to specify this though you can just say it is necessary to update the title plan to reflect the current lie of the land. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
That's really helpful, thank you.

Happy to help, take care