How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 9644
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

Well I have a small terrace house that I have. I have had

This answer was rated:

Well I have a small terrace house that I have. I have had this mortgage for 11years and for 11 years I have been divorced but the man who I was married to is still on the deeds of the house as guarantor and I what to sell but th was only here in 2009 for 8 Months I carried on paying the mortgage by my self out of my benefits which was hard work. He is being a bit cagey about signing an agreement to do with how much he payed during the 8 months he was here but has said he will sign an agreement saying how much I owe him for the sum of 2448 pounds for 8 Months.The problem is that his family own property and may want this house for renting out.what do I do kind regards debbie
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I have mortgage statements with the interest I played from DWP which stopped in 2016 and the rest of the money came out of my ultimate reward account which I have one statement showing the payment to the mortgage from the halifax
JA: Where is the house located?
Customer: Liscard wirral
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I just want advice really Kim as his family really hurt me and they have not bothered with me for 11 years but all there interested in is money.So what do I do to percent them from getting the house. I have a son

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

They are guarentor on the mortgage but are not on the mortgage agreement itself and no on the title deeds to the house?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
He is on the morgage agreement jeremy
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
He is on the morgage agreement

Ah I see, hence why you need him to sign to approve the sale. In that case, you will need to negotiate with him to agree to the sale. I trust this assists

Jeremy Aldermartin and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
What if I get the deeds of the mortgage and pay the settlement with the bank so there's no comebacks

Thank you for your time on the phone as discussed you need to follow through with the agreement regarding him coming off the mortgage and title deeds asap. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Jermery can i get proof the bank of all my statement

Yes you would need to ask your bank for the relevant statements, if you call them they should be able to assist with that. Take care