james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Can you do this? It is a requirement of the Land Registry

Customer Question

can you do this ? It is a requirement of the Land Registry that a person who does not reside in the UK an ID1 form must be completed. You will need to contact a UK solicitor for them to verify your ID via a video call and complete and ID5 form. You will need to complete section A of the ID1 – we will accept section A of the ID1 from you via email;
Expert:  james bruce replied 15 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

It is a requirement for all persons whether in the U.K. or not to complete an ID1 form if they do not have a solicitor completing the conveyance for them. The ID5 is to confirm that the ID check was carried out by video and not in person.

most conveyancing solicitors firms will be willing to carry out this type of ID check

It may be helpful to instruct a local solicitor who specialises in this area of law. You can find a local firm using the Law Society website. www.lawsociety.org.uk

Once on that website, you can click on the find a solicitor option located just above the Law Society logo. Select quick search, then select the area of law required and enter your post code. A list of local firms will then be displayed.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Is it not something you can do ? or anyone on this channel? please?

The site here is for advice only, that is not something o can do here sorry.

However, the link here is a firm who specialise in this.

https://www.id5.co.uk/