How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joy Nicholas Your Own Question
Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2504
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Joy Nicholas is online now

I have a problem with pigeons pooing on my balcony. 2 years

Customer Question

Hello, I have a problem with pigeons pooing on my balcony. 2 years on Housing is still procrastinating about spiking the roof. Help
JA: What are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Have reported to housing officer
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: not that I know
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 12 days ago.

HI, thank you for your message. Welcome to just answer. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Can I confirm what has the housing officer stated so far?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Last response was that they are waiting for safety equipment , that’s was from 20/7/21.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Still waiting for reply
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 11 days ago.

Hi, thank you for your message. I understand. Since it has been a while since your last correspondence you should contact them again. You may want to make a formal complaint regarding the delay. Unfortunately covid is cause lots of delays at the moment. As a last resort you would need to get a court order to force them to act. However, this is an expensive route. You may want to find a solicitor in your area to represent you and draft a letter on your behalf. This may speed up the process.

You can find a solicitor by using the law society find a solicitor link here: You will be able to search by specialism and also town or postcode to find one near you. You may qualify for legal aid if you have low income and want to take the case to court. You can check if you can get legal aid here: You can find a legal aid solicitor by using this link: Legal aid is free assistance to people who cannot afford to pay legal fees such as legal advice and proceedings. You could also visit your local Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) ( For more information please visit: CAB’s are accessible in different areas in the country providing free legal advice to individuals who cannot afford this. You can contact them by phone to book a face to face appointment. They may also be able to provide phone appointments. Moreover, you might be able to find a pro bono lawyer by attending/contacting a LawWorks Clinic. A probono lawyer is a free lawyer. The LawWorks Clinics Network is a network of free legal advice sessions that LawWorks (the Solicitors Pro Bono Group) supports. For more information and to find a network near you please visit the following website: I hope this helps and I wish you all the best in dealing with this matter. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have further questions regarding this matter. I am happy to answer follow-up questions - please do get in touch with extra information or further queries and I will do my best to help you. Best wishes.