JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

Have a general form of judgement or order that is dated 14th

Customer Question

have a general form of judgement or order that is dated 14th sept 2021 thats states we have by noon on 8/8/2021 to inform the court of any dates we may be unavailable for? WE therefore have been given an unsuitable date as it was not possible to achieve? is this normal that a date and deadline is given that is not achievable is before the order was written
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 22 days ago.

Hello, this is Jim and welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for the question, I am reviewing the details now. I will aim to resolve it as quickly as possible for you.

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 22 days ago.

The order was made previously by a judge and then sealed / stamped - you will note the earlier date at the bottom of the wording in the order and the top right is usually a later date. The order should have been sent out to you before the expiry of that deadline however - if it was not then it's probably an error by the court staff.

That is a typical court order so that the staff can ensure all parties can attend the final hearing. If you did not reply then it's OK - the court will simply proceed and list a hearing date when the case will be dealt with by a judge. If you do have dates to avoid then you should write to the court, mark the letter "FAO The Court Manager", ensure you put in the party names and claim number - and say that you have a date to avoid (if you do, such as pre booked holiday).

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 22 days ago.

I hope this answers the question. If you have any follow up questions then please do let me know.

Many thanks,
Jim

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 22 days ago.

Just a final note that I am free most days and would be happy to assist with any other queries you may have.

Best wishes,

Jim

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
sorry i dont understand?
the only date at the bottom is 1st sept 2021 and the date of 8/8/21 was actually before we had zoom court date with the judge that has confirmed a new court date is to be reinstated
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 22 days ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** like an error as the deadline for the dates has passed by the time the order was sent out (unless I am mistaken). It would be worth calling the court's civil listing section tomorrow morning when they open at 10am to ask them whether the date is a typo. I would say it's a mistake on the court's part.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 22 days ago.

My pleasure, errors do happen so I am sure the staff will clear this up for you