Inderdeep
Inderdeep,
Experience:  Expert
113018724

How does it take to register a charge on a property? London,

Customer Question

how long does it take to register a charge on a property?
JA: What are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i have a deadline of friday 19th november to clear a debt but the re mortgage and completion and draw down funds is not until 1 december , other party are being difficult, im worried they might submit something that will appear somewhere before i complete my transaction
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Expert:  Inderdeep replied 14 days ago.

Thank you for your enquiry i will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Inderdeep replied 14 days ago.

Please note:

My replies will be in writing as i am not available for telephone calls.

I may not respond straight away if i am away from my desk but will respond as soon as i am able to.

Any pop up requests are generated by the website alone.

If you request a telephone call with an expert it will be with whichever expert is available. Customer services will undertake this. This service is subject to additional charges and with whichever expert that is available at that time.

If you accidentally select a call you will need to contact customer services.

We as experts only provide general legal advise. We do not offer legal representation or client/solicitor retainer.

If your enquiry requires me to read and advise on documentation this is a premium service subject to additional costs of which you will be advised.

If you require urgent legal representation you should consider contacting any of the following organisations:- www.citizensadvice.org.uk; solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk;

www.barcouncil.org.uk

I will now turn to your enquiry and assist you as best i can

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Inderdeep replied 14 days ago.

If you have solicitors acting you should arrange for them to assist you in the debt and write to them to confirm the intended completion date. The land registry process all applications so it ultimately depends on their time scale, however if an application was submitted or charge placed representations could be made to the land registry for the removal.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
do you know the land registry process time by any chance?
Expert:  Inderdeep replied 14 days ago.

I wish i did sorry but they work their own schedule. Some applications can take up to a week, others weeks. You can call them if you want and quote your title number to see if there are any pending applications.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
ok cool, thanks