SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I am a leaseholder and also have share of freehold in my

Customer Question

I am a leaseholder and also have share of freehold in my building. The building has a board of directors who have appointed a managing agent. I have recently obtained the terms of service of the managing agent, which seem to have been poorly negotiated and only obliquely reference the quality upkeep of the building. I would like to ask whether estate management companies have basic legal obligations to their clients, for example ensuring a basic level of security (functioning locks on the communal entry doors). Thank you
JA: What are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London, SE5
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have filed complaints about several issues with our property management company, however have not filed an external complaint against them
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no thanks, ***** ***** ahead
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 12 days ago.
Good day welcome to justanswer.
I am a solicitor and I will be reviewing your question.
Please note that I can guide you, justanswer does not provide legal representation and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.

Thank you for your patience, Estate management companies are contracted, and perform in accordance to their terms of engagement. In your matter there are no specification terms  of quality upkeep/security. If the leaseholders have complaints then the alter-mate responsibility of security are to freeholders. Your recourse to your remedy is found from lease deed if you can establish that the freeholders have mandate to basic level of security.

Any clarification please do not hesitate to send your message to me and we are always happy to guide you. All the best.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** helpful
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 7 days ago.

you are welcome.