How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 5959
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

Builders Public liability insurance, A cracked pipe which

Customer Question

Builders Public liability insurance
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: A cracked pipe which caused a very bad leak causing me to loose the sale of my house. I am claiming for the work to be done on the Management Insurance buildings policy but. I want to know about compensation for me this has gone on for 2 years. I now have to get out of my apartment for 3 months the insurance C is paying for this but how can I sell my house now
JA: The Lawyer will be able to walk you through that. What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Emerson management are claiming on their buildings insurance to put it right but I have had inconvenience for 2 years and is anyone going to buy my house when it is fixed
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The leak is a cracked pipe caused when but eventually causing a deluge in my kitchen a lounge. I am the lower ground floor and the cracked pipe is in the flat above. There are also things that started causing a leak problem in Sept 2019. I have just heard I cannot claim from NHBC but looking at public liability from Jones Homes the builders I purchased my apartment i01/04/2017 for £249500
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 9 days ago.
Hello, welcome to Justanswer.
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 9 days ago.
I am a solicitor and I will be reviewing your question.
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 9 days ago.
Please note that I can guide you, justanswer does not provide legal representation and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 9 days ago.
I may not respond immediately as in will be concluding another case. I will do so rest assured today.
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 9 days ago.

Thank you very much for your patience. I am sorry to hear of your circumstances.

Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 9 days ago.

There is no guaranteed ground of claim for stress and inconvenience in a contract claim. However if you can prove diminution to the value of the property as a result of the delay in carrying out the works this would be the value of your claim against the management company and you can sue them for this element. You may need a surveyor or a specialist estate agent to work out the loss of value for you.

Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 9 days ago.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. I am always glad to assist further and to clarify anything. All the best.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
You have made a charge of £5 + £50 I did not sign up or expect that I am 74 and can’t afford £50 please refund
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 4 days ago.

Thank you for your message. I wouldn’t have as I only get access to the platform to give you guidance but JA customer services would definitely look into that for you and resolve without delay, you can email them at***@******.*** to advise you had one question and didn’t intend to become a member.