bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I wish to leave a donation to Hillside an unregistered

Customer Question

I wish to leave a donation to Hillside an unregistered charity in Norfolk. Provided that my Will is worded that my donation shall go towards feed and care for their 2000 plus resident animals, will my donation count against Inheritance Tax that is, ? will I pay less inheritance tax because of my donation or not? Bearing in mind that they care for literally thousands of animals but are an unregistered charity? THIS IS SO IMPLORTANT FOR ME TO KNOW HOW. wILL IT DEPEND ON HOW YOURSELVES FEEL AT THE TIME OF MY DEATH? Or can I couint on it set in stone?

You will not accept my card payment?! I would like to pay a once off £5 what to do? This IS IMPORTANT and I short ot time. JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location. Customer: I am Peterborough uk but you do not let my completed details of Visa card go through and so I come to dead end and THIS IS IMPORTANT. JA: What steps have you taken so far? Customer: I have carefully filled in yior form with my VISA card details in order to pay you £5 for a once off consultation. But when I click on continue nothing happens. why? JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you. Customer: Yrs. how to get through to the lawyer when you don't aCCEPT MY CARD DWETAILS TO PAY MY £5?????

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I have none. Except my Will butyou won;'t want all that?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
But approximately when will; you respond?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.

But I am frightened if I leave this page I won't get you back. And I have work to do on my computer. Should I be able to get back to this page OK? ND HOW? Or will you phone me THIS IS IMPORTANT. ***

Expert:  bigduckontax replied 19 days ago.

My first worry would be that if this is an unregistered charity then the donation will not be Inheritance Tax (IT) free. There is some guidance viz 'The legislation further defines ‘given to charities’ to mean assets that are given ‘if it becomes the property of charities or is held on trust for charitable purposes only’.' I would still be a tad concerned in this manner.