How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 3755
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

Is this service confidential? UK - yes the people in

This answer was rated:

Hello - is this service confidential?
JA: We keep all your personally identifiable information confidential and even have people that double check to make sure something doesn't slip through. Your question goes out to the Lawyer and then gets published with the answer to help others with similar problems. Have they talked to a lawyer about this? What country do they live in? If different, what country does this legal question relate to?
Customer: UK - yes the people in question have their own legal advice and the situation is quite unique and identifiable if it were to appear online
JA: What steps have they taken so far?
Customer: It's very complex - they are in court for harassment - pleaded not guilty so going to crown court. Meanwhile an entire neighbourhood suspects them of coercive control of a vulnerable couple (and are in constant dialogue with safeguarding officer). But they have also committed a criminal offence I don't think the police are aware of - we don't want to report it because it implicates other people they manipulated into helping them - but on the other hand we're worried it will have an impact on neighbour who's being harassed.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Loads - the criminal couple have moved into the woman's father's house which he left jointly to his son and daughter. They are trying to delay probate and has bullied or intimidated all the neighbours and has one more pending harassment charge. I don't want to give details as to crime unless it's confidential.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hello - my landlord died and left his property to his son and daughter to sell and split. The daughter has moved in with her partner -and is delaying probate. My landlord also left me the small bit of land I rented from him. Since he died, his daughter and partner have bullied and evicted his other tenants without due notice, tried to bully and evict us and hampered our mail and were hostile to the postie, (the police said they would take our statement in Aug but haven't yet), have harassed another neighbour (and pleaded not guilty at a magistrates court yesterday), bullied the farmer and off the land, and bullied other people on the road passing their house. They are being very nice to a vulnerable couple and have practically moved in with them (the vulnerable couple have a social worker and carers and as a neighbourhood we have raised concerns with the safeguarding officer - they have intimidated all concerned neighbours from visiting the vulnerable couple. Also they have found and sold firearms belonging to my deceased landlord with help from his friends who they manipulated - we don't want to report this offence because it implicates his friends. We can't tell our deceased landlord's son because he's a police officer and it would compromise his work, though he is trying to lean on the solicitor to get them to activate probate. The neighbour with the active harassment charge is terrified of them - but doesn't know athey may have access the firearms. I feel obliged to report the firearms in case there are any left unsold and because the couple are volatile, but unable to because of the other people involved. I have a sinking feeling the aggressive neighbours will be found not guilty at the crown court because there are no witnesses, and then they will try and sue us neighbours from harassing them. We can't expect support from those implicated in the firearms theft even though they are sympathetic. What can I report to whom? I feel very stressed. And scared a lot of the time - not just of the bad neighbours but of our landlords freinds implicated in gun crime just because we know too much - even though they told us - along with lots of other people.

Hello, and thank you for choosing our service today.   I am the expert who shall assist you with this matter today.

Please note that our service is conducted through emails and from time to time there may be a delay between answers and responses, this is due to the expert availability at the time.  If you do not receive a response immediately, please be advised you will receive one by the end of the day

I will be able to provide you with guidance in relation to your question.  However please note this does not form a professional client relationship and we cannot provide representation, however, I would be hopeful that my guidance will be able to assist you.

Thank you

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I should have added that I had hitherto been able to separate the weapons crime (as not to be reported) and the harassment crimes (to be reported) because I thought all the weapons had been sold or left the premises. But a few weeks ago someone told me he knew where the weapons were stashed on the premises and he wondered if there were any left - since he said that I've been terrified in case the hostile couple have access to them. No-one else I've spoken to seems th think they're daft enough to use them. But the 'what if' question bothers me.

Thank you for the question.   I am sorry to hear about this matter, however I will be able to assist you.  The unfortunate thing is that if you want to report the issue it will have to be to the police, they will investigate the matter and then decide who is liable under this issue (if anyone) the police would then send it to the CPS who would bring a prosecution.  In terms of harassment they can't just sue you for this because they don't get their way, this is not how it works,  you should also report this to the police.  If they are breaching their obligations as a landlord, you can escalate this matter to the property ombudsman.   However to answer your question, you will require to report this to the police if you wish to raise it as an issue, what happens from. there will be up to the police and CPS.

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area.  This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows; (England) (Scotland) (Ireland) (N. Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.

RJM Law and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you