Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

My husband died 1November.I have seen his will for the first

Customer Question

My husband died 1November.I have seen his will for the first time.I have been left £20.000 half our house in value and he has left £50.00
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: My solicitor said all beneficiaries will need to be contacted and all agree that will needs to be changed
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: no as I am still in shock about his death,but my brother in law says this must be challenged.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Any money left over from the will is to go to his daughter s
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 16 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

Just to be clear he has left you half the value of the house and the remainder of the estate is to go to his daughter? Is that substantial?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
He has left 10.000 to his brother and the same amount to his sister,also £10.000 to his two daughters and £10.000 between my son and his wife.

Ok so it does not that unreasonable to me. In any event, the general principle is that a person can leave their estate to whoever they want and in such manner as they see fit. There are some limited options for challenging this but they are extremely difficult and do not apply here. I am sorry I cannot give you better news. I trust this assists