Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

We share a boundary with our neighbour. They have down

We share a boundary with our neighbour. They have down pipes, waste pipes and electric wires running along there wall at our side? Are they allowed to do this?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
still ok

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I will endeavour to help you today.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Great Thank you

So to be clear, if the pipes etc are on your wall and on your side of the boundary then no they should not be on there. However, if they have been there since you moved in then it might be difficult for them to be moved now. If you want them moved at first instance you will need to talk to the neighbour to see about moving them. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
the boundary is the wall of there house. They have waste pipes coming out from there bathroom on this wall. Technically it’s in our land as the wall marks the boundary? They haven’t changed the pipes since we moved in but they have changed them over the years

I see, well as I said if it is on your land technically they should not have them there but on a practical level doing anything about it will take time and money and really unless it is causing you an issue you should leave it. I trust this assists

Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience: Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney