james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Has been a restriction entered onto my late mothers property

Hi There has been a restriction entered onto my late mothers property am I entitled as executor to see why the restriction has been entered
JA: What are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Essex
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: The only thing I know is from the searches at land registry
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The person (my sister) who has applied the restriction has 1/6th entitlement to the proceeds of the sale of the property, this one 6th is held in trust. She has been asked to remove it but wont

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

If your mother has passed away, and you are the executor for the estate, then certainly you are entitled to know what the restriction is for. You may not be able to fully carry our your role of executor if you don't know.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
How do I find out this information. I have applied to the Land Registry to have it lifted, but I am concerned that she will just re-apply, is this possible

Your would enquire at the land registry, you can ask the sister who placed it, or you can have a solicitor write to her to find out what she is doing.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you that’s fine

your welcome.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.