Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I am completing an N5B form to obtain possession of my

Customer Question

I am completing an N5B form to obtain possession of my property. The form needs to be sent to the court in triplicate with supporting documents including the lease and renewals. Tenant has been renting since 2013 and the lease has been renewed each year.Each lease is over 24 pages some are 28 - so that is 9 leases about 240 pages. The N5B form is 20 pages, add in gas certs, tenancy deposit and other documents it comes to 300 to 400 pages - even double sided that is a lot of paper.Do the courts need every page of every lease or will a page or two with dates and signatures suffice?
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 10 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I will endeavour to help you today.

If you send the court the first couple of pages of each lease plus the signature pages and the complete lease for the last lease in the chain and have complete scanned electronic copies of each lease available to you in electronic format should the court ask for it that should be sufficient. I trust this assists