Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Hullo, I am a director of a small RTM - there are three

Hullo, I am a director of a small RTM - there are three flats and each leaseholder is a Director. Two of us wish to dissolve the RTM as the relationship with the third director has irretrievably broken down. Are we able to do this?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None, seeking advice
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i dont think so

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thankyou
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
thank you Jeremy

The document governing the RTM is the articles of association so you would need to check that. However, if each flat also has one share in the RTM then yes they can vote to dissolve the RTM assuming the standard articles of association have been used. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
each flat has one share. so if two vote to dissolve it, does it carry the vote, i.e. majority rules?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.

Yes majority rules. I trust this assists