How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 3774
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

I own a 2 bedoomed hoouse with no mogag. i currently avea

This answer was rated:

i own a 2 bedoomed hoouse with no mogag. i currently avea single mum and cikd o UC renting the house bu bcauehe hasa varety f medicl issues, th rent s paud iect to m. she is thretning to sll th boier hich she procud htrough a gov scheme some years ago unless i do repairs to th houe which a happtto do but the rent goes u. she is no appy tpay..
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: what resonsibility do I or the council have to rehome this single mum and child if I sell. can we sell with her in situ? she is becoming very aggresive and i m feeling threatened by her . I think she has an issue as she feels i have made a big profit on the house since its purchas e- which is correct but that is business and she shoukd have a slice of the action. she says I cannot evict as techically the rent is being paid by the housing dept a third party.. she is threatening to sell the boiler and strip the house of the items she has purchased. Can she do this?...i am beginnng to feel threatened.. please advise.................
JA: The Lawyer will be able to walk you through that. What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: spoken to the Fareham council (local) who say they will do their best tpo rehome but no guaratees. have spken to the tenny as to what are her long term plans.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: don't think so
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello, and thank you for choosing our service today.   I am the expert who shall assist you with this matter today.

Please note that our service is conducted through emails and from time to time there may be a delay between answers and responses, this is due to the expert availability at the time.  If you do not receive a response immediately, please be advised you will receive one by the end of the day

I will be able to provide you with guidance in relation to your question.  However please note this does not form a professional client relationship and we cannot provide representation, however, I would be hopeful that my guidance will be able to assist you.

Thank you

Thank you for the question.  You can actually sell the property as a tenanted dwelling, these sell quite well as there are quite a few people looking to purchase buy to let property.   Their rental agreement would not change and they would still have all the same rights.  If the new landlord wishes to change this that is up to them.  However, to answer you  question. you can sell wit a tenant in it.

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area.  This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows; (England) (Scotland) (Ireland) (N. Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.

RJM Law and 3 other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
perfect thankyou
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
no i think i have all the answers i need for the time being. i have to say i have recently sold a vacant rental property with no chain and the paper work took 9 months!!! not a patch on you. 100% excellent service. thankyou.