How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 3778
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

I have LPA wealth and property but not health for my sister

This answer was rated:

i have LPA wealth and property but not health for my sister who has dementia. She is to be discharged folllowing recuperation from broken shoulder. Who is responsible for her future care?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Yeovil Somerset
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I am managing house and finance but do I need LPA for health and can it be achieved quickly?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I would like to influence type of care, possibly care home but would want it near me in Taunton(30 miles from Yeovil)

Hello, and thank you for choosing our service today.   I am the expert who shall assist you with this matter today.

Please note that our service is conducted through emails and from time to time there may be a delay between answers and responses, this is due to the expert availability at the time.  If you do not receive a response immediately, please be advised you will receive one by the end of the day

I will be able to provide you with guidance in relation to your question.  However please note this does not form a professional client relationship and we cannot provide representation, however, I would be hopeful that my guidance will be able to assist you.

Thank you

RJM Law and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I understand, thank you.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Do I need LPA HEALTH to manage my sister’s future care or should Somerset adult care services manage it? And if lpa health needed can it be achieved quickly?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
If my sister wishes to go home ca n the adult services insist she goes into care and if I had loa health could I change that?

At they moment they don't have the power to do this, however they can ap ply, what I would suggest you do is go to the court and ask to be granted welfare power of attorney.  As the person granting does not have capacity to grant this the court can grant it to you if they believe this is in the best interest of the person, given you. already  have LPA, this will assist your claim.

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area.  This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows; (England) (Scotland) (Ireland) (N. Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you for the advice and details of local solicitors. Im sorry not to have responded earlier but I have had a poor weekend and will have time tomorrow to make some progress. I will probably be grateful for further advice soon after.Many thanks

I wish. you all the best and hope you are feeling better.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Thank you for your advice. The issues have now been resolved and I will not need further advice