SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

Please advise whether rented house in l207ed needs a licence

Customer Question

Please advise whether rented house in l207ed needs a licence from Sefton Council . Tenant is family. I was advised in 2019 that no licence is required
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 10 days ago.
Hello, welcome to Justanswer.
I am a solicitor and I will be reviewing your question.
Please note that I can guide you, justanswer does not provide legal representation and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.
I may not respond immediately as i will be concluding another case, please bear with me. I will respond once done rest assured today.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
OK please reply today
Thank you for your patience, what is the post code and are you the landlord? Is the house owned as freehold and how many people are looking to rent ( one or multiple households? )
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Please read my message it already has all answers to your questions
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Freehold and one family
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
L207ed and I am landlord
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 9 days ago.
Thank you for your reply. I will have read your question but sometimes if I get your question as it’s added on the platform some of the information will not be on yet. Anyway, yes if you are under Liverpool city council all three types if licences schemes are active so yes you will need a landlord licence under your local authority’s selective licensing scheme.
Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. Thank you for contacting just answer. All the best.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
My property comes under Sefton Council so please advise if this needs licence to rent to a family of one adult and one child. What does selective licence scheme mean? I thought this was abolished or planned to be abolished?

They are not abolished and local authorities are deciding whether to adopt or not to. Your question is one you need to ask your local authority really it's not a question a solicitor who is not in Sefton could answer. But  if you go on your local authority website you should be able to see what licences are required for non HMO properties.