Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I have accepted an offer on the property of my late mother,

Customer Question

I have accepted an offer on the property of my late mother, but I have been advised that the seller on the offer to purchase is not I, the beneficiary, but the executor in my mother’s estate. My questions are: 1) is this standard practice and 2) what surety do I have that the proceeds from the sale will be paid out to me?Sent from my iPad
Expert:  Buachaill replied 10 days ago.

1.  Welcome to JustAnswer. I am your Expert and thank you for your Question.  I will assist you with it today.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you for answering, but I don’t wish to waste your time. I have just contacted JA to advise them that this a question about South African law.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 10 days ago.

2.  OK. Thank you for informing me.  I am not an Expert in South African law, so I will Opt Out.