How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Inderdeep Your Own Question
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 248
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Inderdeep is online now

We are currently selling a flat, we paid fees to the

Customer Question

Hi we are currently selling a flat, we paid fees to the management company in May for them to release the legal pack but as of yet nothing has been done by them. We have repeatedly phoned and asked for it but always get through to someone who isn't in the office and has to pass a message on. This has been going on for that long that the buyers mortgage runs out in 2 weeks and it looks like the sale will fall through. The company are still sending us bills to pay which up untill now we have paid but now feel that we don't want to pay any of there bills untill they release the legal pack we have paid for. Would like to know where we stand. Many thanks
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Oxfordshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing, we have asked our solicitor to do something as she should legally know what to do but she seems just as useless
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nothing that I can think of
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Inderdeep replied 6 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer i will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Inderdeep replied 6 days ago.

Please note the following points:-

Just Answer host the website and deal with payments and billing. Any queries or concerns about this must be raised with their customer services ( tel: 0808(###) ###-####. I am just a legal expert answering your enquiry and do not have any involvement with the fees charged by the website.

My replies are always in writing.

I may not respond straight away if i am away from my desk but will respond as soon as i am able to so please be patient.

Any pop up requests are generated by the website. If you request a telephone call with an expert it will be with whichever expert is available. Customer services will undertake this. This service is subject to additional charges and with whichever expert that is available at that time.

If you accidentally select a call you will need to contact customer services.

We as experts only provide general legal advise. We do not offer legal representation or client/solicitor retainer.

The advice that i provide is general legal advice and i may also refer you to government guidance which is publicly available.

I cannot act as your solicitor or enter into a client/solicitor relationship. If you need representation you need to instruct a solicitor.

If your enquiry requires me to read and advise on documentation this is a premium service subject to additional costs of which you will be advised.

If you require urgent legal representation you should consider contacting any of the following organisations:-;;

I will now turn to your enquiry and assist you as best i can so please bear with me.

Expert:  Inderdeep replied 6 days ago.

Unfortunately the best solution is to keep at the management company. This should be done by your solicitors however and not you. You should request the solicitor chase it.