INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I am a Tennant been in my house 39 years pre 1989 protected

Customer Question

I am a Tennant been in my house 39 years pre 1989 protected rent and Tennant .My landlady died and is auctioning off the homes she had. My energy efficency certifate is a F rating as I have no central heating can someone still let me rent as I have read you can't rent out peopertys lower than an E rating
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Ipswich suffolk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We did make offer on house which c was rejected. But nothing much else.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 6 days ago.

Expert:  INC Law replied 5 days ago.

Thank you for your query.  I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

Have you been offered a rental property which does not meet the energy rating requirements?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No i am the Tennant and am thinking of buying property. But if I can't get the money together I am worried about what would happen.
Expert:  INC Law replied 3 days ago.

The energy rating will.need to be improved before the particular property can be rented.

Therefore, you would not be able to rent whilst the energy rating is an F as it should be at least an E.

I hope this answers your question.  If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.