How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 16200
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

I am a Tennant been in my house 39 years pre 1989 protected

Customer Question

I am a Tennant been in my house 39 years pre 1989 protected rent and Tennant .My landlady died and is auctioning off the homes she had. My energy efficency certifate is a F rating as I have no central heating can someone still let me rent as I have read you can't rent out peopertys lower than an E rating
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Ipswich suffolk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We did make offer on house which c was rejected. But nothing much else.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 6 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  INC Law replied 5 days ago.


Thank you for your query.  I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

Have you been offered a rental property which does not meet the energy rating requirements?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No i am the Tennant and am thinking of buying property. But if I can't get the money together I am worried about what would happen.
Expert:  INC Law replied 3 days ago.


The energy rating will.need to be improved before the particular property can be rented.

Therefore, you would not be able to rent whilst the energy rating is an F as it should be at least an E.

I hope this answers your question.  If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks