INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Does a 20 year lease expire on 20 years from the date of the

Customer Question

Does a 20 year lease expire on 20 years from the date of the lease or 20 years from the commencement date of the lease
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: nottingham
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: landlords say 20 years from commencement date whereas I would prefer 20 years from the actual date in the lease
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Expert:  INC Law replied 9 days ago.

Thank you for your query.  I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

Have you executed the lease?

What is the definition of 'term' under the lease?

Expert:  INC Law replied 6 days ago.

In the absence of further information, I
can only provide a general answer.

You would need to check the definition of 'term' under the lease.  The definition should state whether it is 20 years from the date of the lease or the commencement date.

I hope this answers your question. If you
have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

many thanks,