Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I have a CCJ that goes back to 2016 with EON. I put my case

Customer Question

I have a CCJ that goes back to 2016 with EON. I put my case to the courts regarding a faulty thermostat on water heater that my landlord eventually removed but I was left with this horrendous bill of £2059.00 to pay. I am trying to remove the CCJ but EON say that it will not be removed until 6 years. This CCJ is impacting on my current requirements for a lifetime mortgage. Landlord unwilling to help. What is my situation if I don't pay off this debt?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Suffolk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I phoned the Courts and they give me the number to contact EON Legal. The conversation was they had no record and then asked for all the details then said I had to pay in full for the debt to be satisfied.Customer: Chat is completed
Expert:  MarcInLaw replied 13 days ago.
Hello, this is MarcInLaw and welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online.You will have a chance to request a call. You will see an automatic prompt. Please feel free to request it but do not feel obliged to do so.Please do note that my response is not instantaneous but I will always aim to get back to you on the same day with my answer, or request more information, if appropriate. Lastly, please note that our discussion on this site is for general information purposes only and do not replace any legal advice you might need, and does not create a lawyer-client relationship.Thank you for your patience whilst waiting for my answer.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Maybe your website should have included all of your above caveats. I must admit it lead me into thinking your services are immediate and free. But not so. Disappointed with response so far.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Money keeps adding up, no thanks I will patiently await your reply to my initial question
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 13 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

You cannot get the CCJ set aside based on the issue with the thermostat I am afraid, therefore, you would owe the money. Even if you repaid the money the CCJ would stay on your record as it was correctly obtained. A CCJ stays on your credit record for six years from when granted so in this case, it should be removed in 2022. I trust this assists