Stuart J
Stuart J, Property Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

I am buying a bungalow, just waiting for Grant of Probate

I am buying a bungalow, just waiting for Grant of Probate which is taking forever. Is it permissible for the chap who has inherited the bungalow to rent it to me then exchange and complete as soon as Grant is issued?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where the property is located?
Customer: Eastbourne East Sussex
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: ?? such as
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not that I am aware of. The Probate should have been applied for at the beginning of April, but for some reason the Solicitor handling the case didn't apply until until end of August. Probate office now have all they need and I want to move as soon as possible, don't want to loose my buyers who have been so good..

Hello. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist your with this today.

Please bear with me and I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you. You will receive an email when I reply.

Have you asked this person if he is willing to rent to you?

and how long have your buyers been waiting?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Agent is asking today, they are as fed up with waiting as I am. I accepted my buyers offer back at the beginning of April 2021, they have sold, moved out into rented and are as fed up as I am waiting to move into my house...

As Bob Hoskins said in the BT advert, a long time ago, "it’s good to talk"
It was good to talk to you.
It was my pleasure to assist you. Please come back if anything else crops up and needs clarification.
Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your legal problem.