MatthewM1117
MatthewM1117,
Experience:  Expert
110754241

I am a new comer in UK for 2 months coming from Hong Kong. I

I am a new comer in UK for 2 months coming from Hong Kong. I have a question for taxation in UK if I had ever a property in Hong Kong and sold it few year ago. Now I want to buy a house / flat as cash buyer in UK . Would I be taxed as second buyer in UK ?
Good afternoon thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Please note that this site does it create a lawyer/client relationship.It would appear that you are would not qualify to the tax relief for first time buyers as a first time buyer is defined as an individual or individuals who have never owned an interest in a residential property in the United Kingdom or elsewhere in the world.You would not be taxed at the higher rate stamp duty as long as the house flat you are purchasing will be your main residence.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
If a company under my name hold a flat for let as first one ,and then I will buy a house under my name, how are taxation for the let one and bought one separately?

Thank you for the information, limited companies pay 3% stamp duty surcharge on residential properties. If you are purchasing a property that replaces your main residence then you would not be subject to higher rate stamp duty.