How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MatthewM1117 Your Own Question
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 881
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
MatthewM1117 is online now

I am a new comer in UK for 2 months coming from Hong Kong. I

This answer was rated:

I am a new comer in UK for 2 months coming from Hong Kong. I have a question for taxation in UK if I had ever a property in Hong Kong and sold it few year ago. Now I want to buy a house / flat as cash buyer in UK . Would I be taxed as second buyer in UK ?
Good afternoon thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Please note that this site does it create a lawyer/client relationship.It would appear that you are would not qualify to the tax relief for first time buyers as a first time buyer is defined as an individual or individuals who have never owned an interest in a residential property in the United Kingdom or elsewhere in the world.You would not be taxed at the higher rate stamp duty as long as the house flat you are purchasing will be your main residence.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
If a company under my name hold a flat for let as first one ,and then I will buy a house under my name, how are taxation for the let one and bought one separately?

Thank you for the information, limited companies pay 3% stamp duty surcharge on residential properties. If you are purchasing a property that replaces your main residence then you would not be subject to higher rate stamp duty.

MatthewM1117 and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you