ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

6 months ago I had a roofing job done on my house. The

6 months ago I had a roofing job done on my house. The scaffolding has been left on my house & I cannot contact the firm (Adeft Services Ltd.) to have the scaffolding removed despite leaving messages on their phone number. Can I get someone else to remove scaffolding?
JA: What are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Crowborough East Sussex.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not that I know of.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Only that the job done has not been fully completed which only became apparent some weeks after completion when we had heavy rain.
Hi welcome to justanswer
I am Readylaw one of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
No
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I'm not paying anything else for your service other than the £1 already paid. By asking for £44 I'm now thinking you're trying to scam me.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry. You cannot simply remove the scaffolding unfortunately as to do so you may have to pay the cost for any damage or losses incurred as a consequence of doing so.

The first step in the process would be to write to the company advising of your intention to remove the scaffolding and give them notice of when you intend to do so.

It is usually good to send more than one notice to ensure you are able to show you disposed of your responsibility to bring the notice to their attention. Having given notice the law does not automatically entitle you to sell. What is usually recommended is for you to safely store these items

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Thanks for your answer. I'll e-mail/write to Adeft. What would be considered reasonable notice? Also, I cannot safely store the scaffolding so what am I supposed to do?
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I cannot stay on-line much longer. Can you help with the above question as I must now get rid of the scaffolding as I cannot access my garage or open most of our windows. Is 6 months not long enough to put up with this inconvenients. ??

The law does not have a set time. Usually 3 weeks notice is sufficient. As I said earlier you have to be careful In disposing the items as the company could sue you for this. My recommendation is to therefore send two notices. The first informing them to collect their items and the second of your intention to dispose.