How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joshua Your Own Question
Joshua, Lawyer
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 31728
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Joshua is online now

I’m filling out form as1 and need help, london, no, No

Customer Question

I’m filling out form as1 and need help
JA: What are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: london
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Joshua replied 15 days ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

Expert:  Joshua replied 15 days ago.

how may I assist in relation to the above please? Which panels in particular on the form do you have queries in relation to?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Panel 9 and panel 10
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
It’s a shared ownership but the mortgage is cleared
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
My dad passed away
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Myself and my mum are on the probate but we want it transferred in just my name
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I filled out ap1 and also id1
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Do I need an id1 for my mum aswell? + help with panel 9/10 in the as1 form
Expert:  Joshua replied 15 days ago.

thank you. If the transfer is a transfer by the executor to a beneficiary as I imagine would be the case, then typically, an executor would give limited title guarantee in this respect in panel nine.

In panel 10, this would only be relevant if more than one person is to be a legal owner of the property. If there is only to be one legal owner then this can be disregarded.

If your mother is an executor with you, then she will also need to provide ID to the land registry. If she holds a valid passport, then she may find form ID3 simpler to complete

If the property is a shared ownership property, then you may require consent from the housing association to complete the transfer depending upon the terms of the lease

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
What about panel 12
Expert:  Joshua replied 15 days ago.

you would need to add an attestation clause for each of you and your mother which in each case should be worded:

Signed as a deed

by the said [NAME] as executor for the late [NAME]


in the presence of :

____________________________ (witness signature)

_______________________________ (witness name)

_______________________________ (witness address)

each of your signatures will need to be witnessed by an adult independent witness over the age of 18 who is not a relative or related to the transaction

Expert:  Joshua replied 15 days ago.

I hope the above is of some assistance but if you have any further questions, please revert to me.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
What about panel 11
Expert:  Joshua replied 14 days ago.

there is no need to include anything in this panel unless any conditions are being attached to the assent

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
What’s the difference between an ID1 and a ID3
Expert:  Joshua replied 14 days ago.

ID1 requires in-person certification by a lawyer principally although there are some other narrow categories of persons that can certify. ID3 was introduced during the pandemic and allows a much wider category of people to certify ID providing that both the certifier and certified both have a valid UK passport. You can look at each form aand the differences are readily apparent

Expert:  Joshua replied 14 days ago.

I trust the above was of assistance and that you do not have any follow up questions for now. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me though.

Expert:  Joshua replied 13 days ago.
I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favourite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer and see you again in the future I hope.