ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

I may be refused a council house due to rent arrears on a

Customer Question

I may be refused a council house due to rent arrears on a precious private rented property.They are asking for reasons I did not pay the rent.What is a valid reason for not paying rent?I didn't pay due to solicitor fees (ex partner took me to court for residency), storage fees (eviction dated kept moving and no communication from housing officer to help) and nursery fees as my l
Youngest was massively delayed so was advised nursery would help (letter supporting this from health visitor)Are these valid reasons? I will send them the invoices ro prove this
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.
Hi welcome to justanswer
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.
I am Readylaw one of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.
Thanks for your patience and enquiry. It is best to say the actual core reason. That is, you were taking to court by your ex partner and that in defending yourself you had to instruct a solicitor. This caused you to incur several expenses.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.

You may then state your expenses that was incurred as a consequence.

The second issue I see from what you have said is incurring added expenses in taking care of your minor child. You should state what these were.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.

You should close your explanation by asking them to exercise their discretion as both issues raised by you were extenuating circumstances.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.