Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I have a question about my leasehold property. There is a

Customer Question

Hello I have a question about my leasehold property.
There is a clause in the lease that states: 'No person may reside in the property unless the floor (other than the floor in the kitchen and bathroom or shower room within the property) is covered with carpets rugs or other suitable materials with sound dampening qualities provided that the same may be removed for cleaning repairing or decorating or similar temporary purposes.'I wanted to lay laminate flooring on top of underlay with sound dampening qualities as well as lay rugs on top (I note the lease states carpets rugs rather than wall to wall carpet like in some leases). Would this be in line with the leasehold agreement?
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 17 days ago.

Yes it would for example your plans involve sound dampening materials in relation to the underlay and then you will also have rugs on top. I trust this assists