How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 11569
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

I have a flat in a share freehold converted house. My flat

This answer was rated:

I have a flat in a share freehold converted house. My flat has separate entrance. Who is responsible to maintain it, myself or the share freehold? Same Q for the main entrance and steps that serve the other flats. .
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, just a discussion
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: One of the flat is leasehold.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Similar questions regards ***** ***** external windows sill. Is it per flat or all freehold need to participate. Lease only mention shared area it is not specific.

Every flat would be responsible to maintain the external parts of the building e.g. the windows, roof, entrances for both the main body of flats and your entrance. I trust this helps

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Many thanks for your quick reply. 3 out of the 4 flat replaced their windows by the previous owner, without the participation of the forth owner. If the forth flat would like to change its windows now. Do all 4 flat need to participate?

In theory  they should yes. I trust this assists

Jeremy Aldermartin and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you