Inderdeep
Inderdeep,
Experience:  Expert
113018724

I wanted to ask, when a business signs a commercial lease

HelloI wanted to ask, when a business signs a commercial lease for a premises.Would it be mandatory for one of the directors representing that company to sign the agreement?Or are there any other options regarding how to agreement is signed?More specifically would the agreement need to be signed by a specific individual detailing their name as a person?Or could the company retain the full responsibility without an individual’s signature on the agreement?
Thank you for using just answer i will be assisting you today.

Please note:-

• My replies are always in writing.

• I may not respond straight away if i am away from my desk but will respond as soon as i am able to so please be patient.

• Pop up requests are generated by the website.
  • If you accept then an available expert will take your call and you will be charged extra.
  • If you accidentally select a call you will need to contact customer services - tel: 0808(###) ###-####/a>

www.citizensadvice.org.uk

solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk;

www.barcouncil.org.uk

I will now turn to your enquiry and assist you as best i can so please bear with me.

Is this in relation to a lease taken out in the UK i just need to clarify.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
it is in the UK

Usually with a commercial lease it will require the execution by a director of the company, or sometimes two, it depends on the lease that was prepared.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
just to clarify, it would definitely need to be signed by one of the directors? And there are no other options?

It will have to be signed by one or two directors and be witnessed, as its a deed it has to be executed as such.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Okay thank you